Friday, May 05, 2006

My Noontime Respite

Stress at work is inevitable. While I admit that the amount of stress I usually encounter is nothing compared to that of my officemates, stress coupled with boredom is altogether another thing that could nevertheless lead to the same kind of unpleasant weariness that my extremely pressured workmates may feel at the end of the day.

Lately, I have gotten myself into this habit of slipping out of the office at lunchtime to go to my favorite coffee shop.  This cafĂ© is situated in a mall right across the place where I'm working. Just the thought of it makes me feel restless.  I lose my concentration as lunchtime approaches. When I feel like it, I let myself get carried away by my thoughts, imagining myself eating my favorite entrees. A serving of pesto pasta, a slice of rhum butter cake and a cup of cafe latte -- yum yum.